• Book an appointment

  • The best day and time for me is usually

Nottingham landlord admits fire safety failings


If you rent a house out to students their safety must come first.
If you rent a house out to students their safety must come first.

Not for Mr Robert Singh of Nottingham, who, not only had NOT got an upto date Fire Risk Assessment, but did not have suitable smoke and heat detectors throughout the building AND inadequate means of escape in the event of fire.

The final two charges were failing to comply with an enforcement notice, and breaching a prohibition notice, when four people were still living in the East Wing of the building, despite not being allowed in September 2013.
The charges also said residents could have been at risk of serious injury or even death if there was a fire.

Bernard Thorogood, prosecuting, said: "The failings were gross, all the more so in light of the defendants' experience in managing residential properties.

Original Source

  • Date posted:
    11/09/2015
  • Share:

View all articles


  • Grenfell: What are we learning?

    Dame Judith Hackitt has been tasked with investigating the tragic events of Grenfell.

  • read more

    latest news

Excellent, my thanks to Mark and Karen for organising the Fire Risk Assessment for our Residential property in Northamptonshire and all done so quickly and efficiently.

Geoff Wood
C & G Wood, Northampton

It is vital all our leads and sockets are checked annually. HASAW do this courteously and diligently on an annual basis

Rachel Cobley
Overstone Spa, Northampton

We would like to thank HASAW for the Fire Risk Assessment and Fire Training that was carried our back in February 2018

Richard Smith
The Furniture Centre, Kettering, Northamptonshire
  • Book an appointment

  • The best day and time for me is usually

© 2019 Help and Safety at Work | Fire safety, fire risk assessments, fire training

privacy / cookies

website cms powered by csb internet

we don't bite!
08000 838114 / 01832 735874