• Book an appointment

  • The best day and time for me is usually

Landlord slapped with fine after fire reveals safety issues


A 2 storey house that had been split into seven bedsits in Leamington has number of fire safety failings...
A 2 storey house that had been split into seven bedsits in Leamington has number of fire safety failings that has led to the landlord Mr Manjit Chima, receiving a fine for £10,744.

A fire had broken out in the kitchen and the fire officer found that the fire doors had been removed.

A garage and outbuilding had also been converted into bedsits without being fitted with fire escape type windows.

All the residents had managed to escape.

Mr Chima was asked to provide servicing records of the fire alarm system and also records of the gas and electrical reports, Mr Chima was unable to provide any of these.



Original Source

  • Date posted:
    09/09/2015
  • Share:

View all articles


  • Grenfell: What are we learning?

    Dame Judith Hackitt has been tasked with investigating the tragic events of Grenfell.

  • read more

    latest news

“Mark and his team completed Fire Risk Assessment and some basic training for the staff in all our shops countrywide.  This has standardised our practices and ensures compliance”

Sue Ashton
BRORA

It is vital all our leads and sockets are checked annually. HASAW do this courteously and diligently on an annual basis

Rachel Cobley
Overstone Spa, Northampton

We would like to thank HASAW for the Fire Risk Assessment and Fire Training that was carried our back in February 2018

Richard Smith
The Furniture Centre, Kettering, Northamptonshire
  • Book an appointment

  • The best day and time for me is usually

© 2020 Help and Safety at Work | Fire safety, fire risk assessments, fire training

privacy / cookies

website cms powered by csb internet

we don't bite!
08000 838114 / 01832 735874