• Book an appointment

  • The best day and time for me is usually

Landlord slapped with fine after fire reveals safety issues


A 2 storey house that had been split into seven bedsits in Leamington has number of fire safety failings...
A 2 storey house that had been split into seven bedsits in Leamington has number of fire safety failings that has led to the landlord Mr Manjit Chima, receiving a fine for £10,744.

A fire had broken out in the kitchen and the fire officer found that the fire doors had been removed.

A garage and outbuilding had also been converted into bedsits without being fitted with fire escape type windows.

All the residents had managed to escape.

Mr Chima was asked to provide servicing records of the fire alarm system and also records of the gas and electrical reports, Mr Chima was unable to provide any of these.



Original Source

  • Date posted:
    09/09/2015
  • Share:

View all articles



We have instructed HASAW to complete Fire Risk Assessments and Asbestos Surveys at our Residential properties in the Midlands and I have been very happy with their friendly and professional manner. I do not hesitate to recommend them

Linda Woolsey
Moreton Road Properties Ltd

We use Help and Safety at Work for the Fire Risk Assessments for all of our estates, they have been extremely helpful, friendly and efficient. We have also found that the employees will go out of their way to make sure they can provide you with any information you need even if it is not beneficial to them.  We highly recommend Help and Safety at Work 

Charlotte Lawrence
SELOC Asset Management

It is vital all our leads and sockets are checked annually. HASAW do this courteously and diligently on an annual basis

Rachel Cobley
Overstone Spa, Northampton
  • Book an appointment

  • The best day and time for me is usually

© 2018 Help and Safety at Work | Fire safety, fire risk assessments, fire training

privacy / cookies

website cms powered by csb internet

we don't bite!
08000 838114 / 01832 735874